Jennifer Berkshire writes about the intersection of education and politics for the Nation, the New Republic, the New York Times, and other publications. She is the creator and co-host of the education policy podcast Have You Heard, and the co-author of A Wolf at the Schoolhouse Door: The Dismantling of Public Education and the Future of School. Jennifer teaches in the journalism program at Boston College and in the Education Studies program at Yale University. Her next book, The Education Wars: A Citizen’s Guide and Defense Manual, will be out in 2024. Today we speak to her about the Right’s Long War on Public Education and how to fight back and win!
Host Cyril Mychalejko’s 5 Book Recommendations to Further Shine a Light on the War on Public Education in America
- Dark Money and the Politics of School Privatization, by Maurice Cunningham
- Left Back: A Century of Battles over School Reform, by Diane Ravitch
- Whose America?: Culture Wars in the Public Schools, by Jonathan Zimmerman
- Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom, by bell hooks
- The Teachers, by Alexandra Robbins
The Signal is produced by Kevin Mahoney, Raging Chicken Media.
Music by Maf é Tulà and Cartas a Felice, “La Loca.” Panela Music.
Follow us on Twitter: