Frederick Clarkson is a senior research analyst at Political Research Associates, a social justice research and strategy center that exposes the agenda and strategies of the U.S. and global Right, revealing the dangerous intersections of Christian nationalism, white nationalism, and patriarchy. He has written about politics and religion for four decades. Clarkson is the author, co-author or editor of several books including Dispatches from the Religious Left: The Future of Faith and Politics in America and Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy.
I talked with Clarkson about this GOP-linked far-right Christian theocratic movement that wants to build a “kingdom revolution” led by an “army of believers” to usher in Christian dominion over what they call the “Seven Mountains”: religion, family, education, government, media, entertainment and business. He recently wrote about this for Salon in his article “Unfriending” America: The Christian Right Is Coming for the Enemies of God — Like You and Me“.
“They literally believe people are infested with demons, with Satanic agents…anybody who’s outside of their Christian community, outside of what they call the Kingdom, is potentially satanically inspired or influenced,” Clarkson told me.
Host Cyril Mychalejko’s 5 Book Recommendations to Further Shine a Light on the New Apostolic Reformation
- Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy, by Frederick Clarkson
- A New Apostolic Reformation?: A Biblical Response to a Worldwide Movement, by R. Douglas Geivett and Holly Pivec
- Beyond Belief: How Pentecostal Christianity Is Taking Over the World, by Elle Hardy
- American Evangelicals for Trump Dominion, Spiritual Warfare, and the End Times, André Gagné
- The Power Worshippers: Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism, by Katherine Stewart
ALSO LISTEN TO:
- EPISODE 5 – The Growing Fascist Threat To American Democracy, With Jeff Sharlet
- EPISODE 7 – Understanding Backlash Politics And Religious Conservatives Inciting School Board Wars, With PRRI’s Melissa Deckman
- “Unfriending” America: The Christian Right Is Coming for the Enemies of God — Like You and Me, by Frederick Clarkson
- Pennsylvania’s Prayer Warrior: Abby Abildness And Her Dominionist Crusade In The Commonwealth, by Jennifer Cohn
- Statement on NAR & Christian Nationalism Answers Few Questions But Exposes Growing Rifts in the Movement, by André Gagné and Frederick Clarkson
- Christian Right Denialism is More Dangerous Than Ever: A Reporter’s Guide to the New Apostolic Reformation, by André Gagné and Frederick Clarkson
- When It Comes to Societal Dominion, The Details Matter: A Reporter’s Guide to the New Apostolic Reformation, Part II, by André Gagné and Frederick Clarkson
- The Christian Right And Its Top Crusader Seek To Conquer Pennsylvania, by Cyril Mychalejko and Frederick Clarkson
- Dominionism Is on the Ballot in November, but Most Voters Have Never Heard of It, by Jennifer Cohn
The Signal is produced by Kevin Mahoney, Raging Chicken Media.
Music by Maf é Tulà and Cartas a Felice, “La Loca.” Panela Music.
Follow us on Twitter: