André Gagné is Full Professor and Chair of the Department of Theological Studies at Concordia University in Montreal. His teaching and scholarship focus on political theology, religion and violence, and the interpretation and reception of the Bible. Dr. Gagné’s work and interviews have been featured over 300 times in media outlets such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, The Guardian, and many more.
We talked about his book American Evangelicals for Trump: Dominion, Spiritual Warfare, and the End Times.
Host Cyril Mychalejko’s 5 Book Recommendations to Further Shine a Light on the Issue
- Eternal Hostility: The Struggle Between Theocracy and Democracy, by Frederick Clarkson
- A New Apostolic Reformation?: A Biblical Response to a Worldwide Movement, by R. Douglas Geivett and Holly Pivec
- The Power Worshippers: Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism, by Katherine Stewart
- American Idolatry: How Christian Nationalism Betrays The Gospel And Threatens The Church, by Andrew L. Whitehead
- QAnon, Chaos, and the Cross: Christianity and Conspiracy Theories, by Michael W Austin and Gregory L Bock
ALSO LISTEN TO:
- EPISODE 5 – The Growing Fascist Threat To American Democracy, With Jeff Sharlet
- EPISODE 7 – Understanding Backlash Politics And Religious Conservatives Inciting School Board Wars, With PRRI’s Melissa Deckman
- EPISODE 12 – The New Apostolic Reformation: A Revolutionary Theocratic Movement Coming For Pennsylvania, The Nation, And The World
- EPISODE 18 – The Christian Right’s Crusade for Power and War on Democracy, with Katherine Stewart